Vir Island | Programs
We have collected many fascinating programs near the island Vir:
About Vir Island
Vir Island is located in the region Dalmatia, only 24 km north of Zadar. It is connected through a 390m bridge with the mainland.
The Island has an area of 22 km2, 10.12 km long and 4.2 km wide. The beach part is about 32 km long. Our apartments are located about 150m from the northern beach, which can be seen on the picture on the side. Vir Island has sandy and pebbly beaches also, which are perfect for families. Our apartments take place about 300m from the beaches of the west side. On this side can be find also some bays and inlets with piers. As you can see on the picture, there is a beautiful panorama from the Dinari Mountains behind the sea on the north side.
Vir Island is a small bead in the Croatian jewel collection. We recommend it warmly for families with children for their Croatian Holiday, because of its peacefully character. One of the most interesting thing about its beaches, that his bottom is in the front gritty, and if you walk farther it will be rather than faggot. The beach stretches along the coast long. The divers meet often with sea urchin, sea cucumber and diverse fish may be also admired. You can discover red rocks on the northern part of the island. There are four national parks in the near of Vir Island: Paklenica, Kornati, Plitvice lakes and Krka waterfall.
Introducing the surroundings
For the people, who want more than just lie on the beach and take a bathe in the sea, they have several opportunities to get acquainted with the natural and cultural spectacle of this land. The Island and its surroundings give several program possibilities for many weeks.
Nature: The curly paths of the Plitvice Lakes (National Park), the Krka-Waterfalls, the steeply rocks from Paklenica Natural Park or the Kornati Natural Park gives exciting voyages of discovery for the visitor.
Culture: For the Guests, who are interested in culture, is Dalmatia the Paradise itself. For them, who know the Hungarian history; will be the name of some cities very familiar. Some of these cities are still keeping the 300 years old traditions and memories from the time, when this area to Hungary belonged.
Islands: The Islands around the Dalmatian area have specially spirit with their untouched natural treasures. The Islands are located very close to each other, and have mostly sandy beaches. With their steeply rocks which are ending in the sea and the beautiful panorama from it gives an unforgettable experience for the visitor.
- Sight-seeing in the castle of Vir (about 5 km)
- Excursion to the lighthouse (about 6-7 km)
- Bike tour to the market place and to the bazaar (about 3-4 km)
- Visiting the bars on the west coast (about 1-2 km)
- The Red Rocks (about 8-10 km)
- Catholic Church in Vir (about 5 km)
- Spectacles in Nin (about 5 km)
- Animation on the beach in Zaton (10 km)
- Market place with the fish market, Old town, Sea routes, Rafting, Canoeing, …etc. in Zadar (25 km)
- Other events in Zadar: Greeting to the Sun, Sea Organ, Kalelarga, The beautiful Sunset of Zadar, and several exhibitions
- Krka Waterfalls
- Kornati Islands
- Paklenica Natural Park
- Plitvice Lakes
- Ornithology in the Natural Park at the Vransko See
- Diving at Pag Island
- Rafting on the Zrmanji River
- Panoramaflight from Dugi Otok